Sunday, 2 December 2012

My favorite brushes

Thought I'd give you a look on my favorite brushes I tend to use a lot.
I have developed a certain predilection for synthetic brushes for some time now, and I should have started using them a lot more earlier.
I previously thought that they weren't as good as natural hair brushes, but now it's the other way around. These days the synthetic brushes have developed into being so much more than they used to. The hairs are so fine and works wonderfully to whatever one uses them for. And today you can find synthetic brushes that looks and feels so authentic to natural hair it's almost creepy!
Brilliant!

So here're the ones I use a lot in my looks, but of course they change depending on the actual look or if I have gotten hold of anything new.


And a close up so you can see how they are shaped and what hairs they have!


1. Real Techniques Detailer Brush. Synthetic
2. Guru Brushes no 3 Mini Eye Detail Brush. Natural hair
3. Make Up Store Synthetic Eye Shadow Brush Medium 205. Synthetic
4. Make Up Store Blending Eyeliner Brush 217. Synthetic
5. Bed Head Chic Brush. Natural hair
6. Cozzette S185 Eye Contour Brush - Mini. Synthetic
7. Jemma Kidd Make Up PRO Brush 08 Pointed Shadow. Synthetic
8. Jemma Kidd Make Up PRO Brush 8 Crease. Synthetic
9. Illamasqua Blending Brush 1. Synthetic
10. Sigma E45 Small Tapered Blending Brush. Synthetic
11. Inglot 5FS. Natural Hair

As you can see I like to use smaller brushes rather than bigger and fluffier ones. Some of these probably have been spotted in my tutorials, so if you're curious of the brushes click on the label Tutorial Time and you'll see what I've used them for.
If there are any questions about a particular brush, pop a comment or send an email and I'll try to respond as quick as possible.


And I'll show you some of my fav face brushes while we're on the subject. These can be used for masks and other bigger things around the eye area if you want, but for now I use them mostly for the face.

For some time now I've been using powder foundations and I like that a lot. And to that comes a fluffy brush in handy to buff the powder into the skin.


From left to right:
Blush Brush from Illamasqua

Real Techniques Buffing Brush
Real Techniques Contour Brush
Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush
Jemma Kidd Make Up Pointed Cream Blush/Foundation Brush

So there you have them, and feel free to drop in some must haves if you have a favorite brush that I'm missing. 
I just can not have too many brushes, so let me know will you!!


Over and out!
Azure



8 comments:

Popblush said...

Great brushes hun! #4 Blending Eyeliner brush looks handy for smudging pencil liner out.

I love brushes - can't get enough! Hehe

Calli said...

I can't get enough brushes either! Ever!
One of my favorite eye brushes is the Urban Decay Good Karma Multi-tasker. I prefer smaller eye brushes as well, possibly because I'm built small and have a small face. The multi-tasker brush is a little pricey but definitely worth it to me, it's great for both loose and pressed shadows.
Another favorite is Japonesque's Travel Eye Detailer brush - Small. I prefer shorter-handled brushes, with the small hands and all they're less awkward and give me more control. And it's only $11.50! I've bought several for my friends because they're just good, useful brushes.
One more brush I'm going to mention, Sephora's Classic Angled Liner Brush #15. It's availible for seperate sale, but I got mine in Sephora's Face & Eye Travel Tool Kit. The kit is $32 for five brushes, which averages out to $6.40 per brush. I like to use powder as liner, with or without a foiling/sealing/transforming goo, and that brush is wonderful.

Beauty Best Friend Forever said...

I have the Real Techniques (they came as a set)and they really are the business, I use mine every day...great post. :) x

dslrbbt said...

Awesome! I was buying so many brushes in 2011 that I made it my New Years Resolution to buy NO brushes in 2012. I've done it so far...but my list for January 2013 is getting pretty long!! Every Day Mineral brushes are at the top of that list!

Pearl Squirrel said...

Nice to see what you use! I definitely need more small brushes, and that real techniques contour brush seems really nice.

Maryam Maquillage said...

what an awesome post!! I will direct everyone who asks for recs right here :))

Vicky Hoang said...

Real technique brushes are awesome :) great picks!

tina said...

great brushes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...