Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Violent Lips: The Blueberry Dream- Glitteratti Mix

Finally, here's our first Violent Lips captured on photo. Or to be honest this is actually my second Violent Lips I've tried on. 
I started with trying out a more "boring" one, just to get a hold of how it worked. It was one of the purple lips so I figure no harm done if I should fail!  And am I glad I did. My first attempt wearing one on was a disaster. It looked like I had done a very poor lip job. But the Blueberry Dream I thought I manage to get on quite good?! I had to fix the contour slightly and did so by using a glitter eyeliner from 2true in shade 4. 

After seeing a couple of videos of how to get them on I figure I was ready. And to succeed with this patience truly is a virtue! So take your time, no stress!
I find it easier to make the lips a bit smaller just to prevent having a "curtain" of lip-tattoo hanging down from the lips! Make any sense?! 
One could always use a lip pencil to fill in the gaps with, or glitter liner as I did! 
Make sure to rest your lips and not stretch out the lips while applying the tattoo, I stretched out my lips a bit that and that caused the lips to look more "wrinkly" in a relaxed state. 

The tattoo feels pretty dry on, but I tried wearing my first ones, the purple, with some gloss on and it works fine. Only disadvantage is that they don't stay on for quite so long than without the gloss. One simply have to find the ways that works out best for oneself! 


Amazing effect, right?!



Yes, a bit wrinkly are we?!


No cracking here...




Overall the Violent Lips are a fantastic idea which I'm sure Azure and I will have loads of sun with. And they sure stay on for a long long time...

What do you think about the Violent Lips?

Enjoy!
Phlox


26 comments:

Alessandra ~ Miss Boom Baby ♥ said...

amazing effect! I love it :D
I'd like to try them for some special occasion, I wonder if it is comfortable for me I can not stand anything on my lips!

Princessa said...

wow! This looks reeeaaally great!

Beata said...

Wow!! I love it!!

Powdered Almond said...

Oh yay I love them! Though you two always do such amazing looks even without these! x

Chiara Glycine said...

Wow is fabolous!

Emi at Project Swatch said...

This is totally gorgeous on you!

socialitedreams said...

what a stunning lip...i like it a lot..haven't tried the violent lips myself yet though

Vonnie
http://www.socialitedreams.com/

Salieria said...

I want it. And I will buy it. Definately. ^^It's gorgeous :D

Pearl Squirrel said...

This looks amazing!
I've seen them on other blogs, and you really did a great job applying them because I never saw them this neatly done.

Beauty Make Up Addict said...

Gorgeous eye catching lip.

Robyn said...

I've never seen them put on so nicely - you guys are geniuses! This one in prticular looks really gorgeous.

Iridescent Colors said...

very cool- it does seem a bit wrinkly lol- but its amazing these don't crack when you smile. awesome color too!!

gio said...

That looks amazing, love the effect! It's a shame application is such a pain though.

leather+glitter said...

absolutely looove it!!!

Beauty's Bad Habit said...

So, so pretty! I have some lip transfers from another brand to test out - purple and pink leopard print. Trying to find the right occasion!

Antonia-Ivana said...

I love the effect so much. Looks kind of outta space haha, which I really like. simply gorgeous!

www.antoniaivana.blogspot.com

KimsKie Nails said...

A-MA-ZING!! ♥

Lutrina√ę said...

Is it really bad if I'm totally in love with thos sparkly awesome lips??? I want strass mouth too^^

Geena said...

Loooooove!!!!!!!!

Darkness said...

This is really a glitter explosion! Amazing effect**

shortylegsbeauty said...

I honestly thought that was a lipstick at first :D I love how this looks :)

Special Koko said...

So cool and dramatic :x

D D said...

it looks like a gloss - amazing! i've never seen a good job like that (the most are done "dirty" )

Desert Rose said...

Insanely beautiful!

Sharlynn said...

So awesome...can I say it looks like art? I don't think I'll be trying any of them soon but damn...its cool

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

They look really neat! Are they uncomfortable?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...