Wednesday, 20 June 2012

Ultra matte V1 Tutorial

So we got the new Sleek palettes, and I just had to try the bright one out!
And why not let you in on how my first look (tadaaaa) was made!
This is how I did it!

Prime your lid with a sticky primer. I used Medusa Stick It! Eye shadow primer as a base.

Start with yellow! It's going to be the main shadow that will blend in nicely with every colour. Use a fluffy brush to blend it easier. The yellow is Bamm! 

Like this! Place the yellow in the socket, from near the tear duct to around half the eye.

Time for colour number two; orange! I used Strike, and blended it together with the yellow. No harsh lines here!

Result! And as you may notice, I wanted some more yellow close to the lashes!

Time to put some pink in the look! I used Pucker, and placed it in the socket in the outer corner.
Like this! And the edge up to the brow will be blended later with the highlight shadow.

I'm doing rainbow style and adding some green; Cricket. Blend it with your yellow close to the lashes, but spare the area in the corner of the eye...


...because that's where I want some blue! I took the brightest one; Bolt and blend it slightly with the pink to create your own purple.

Like this! That's some colours huh!?

Here is the blending more visible.

Let's colour the waterline, and as you know by now, my fav is the white one! This can be done with a black pencil instead for a more bolder look.
This is Sleek Eau La La Liner in White Noice.

I like the contrast of the white with the colours.

Then paint some small lines close to the lower lashline with your white.

Smudge it out with a synthetic brush. This will be the base for the colours under the eye.

Take some Chill on a tiny brush and place it from half of the eye to the tear duct.

Like so!

Then add some purple to that in the corner of the eye. Blend it together with your blue.
I used Sugarlite as my purple.

Like this!

Time for highlight. I like to highlight the tear duct....

....and my brow bone. Using Pow! for this!

And I'm all set!

Fill your brows if you have to. I certainly do, and I used my ordinary Le Crayon Eyekohl in Bronze from Lancome for my brows. And gosh, I need to sharpen it!

Grab you favorite mascara! Mine for the moment is the incredible Curvy Brush Mascara from Eyeko. Take a look at that wicked brush, but I'm telling you, it's awesome!

One coat....

....and two coats, and that's it for me. And a tiny amount on my lower lashes.

And then I'm done! 
Tadaaaa!
Photo explosions on my rainbow look!







Sum up of products:
Primer - Medusa Stick It! Eye Shadow Primer
Shadows - Bamm! Strike, Pucker, Cricket, Bolt, Chill, Sugarlite & Pow! from The Ultra Matte V1 Palette made by Sleek
Eyepencil - Eau La La Liner in White Noise from Sleek
Mascara - Curvy Brush Mascara from Eyeko
Brows - Lancome Le Crayon Eyekohl in Bronze


And to my colourful look I wanted some neutral lips, and went for a gloss. It's not too nude, and I really like the shade of this one.
I used NYX Round Lipgloss in Whipped.




Hope you've enjoyed my tutorial!

Over and out!
Azure

26 comments:

Lojs said...

Love, love, looove this!
Damn it, I need those matte palettes.. Right about yesterday

D D said...

colorful - beautiful ... i love this looks on you azure!

Sunny said...

Such a beautiful colourful look! x

Beata said...

Ohh! I love it!!

Beauty Make Up Addict said...

so so pretty. Reminds me of skittles candy

Robyn said...

This is gorgeous! I can't get the Sleek liners to transfer onto my waterline! :(

Luna said...

Love the tutorial! Always nice to see how people apply makeup, everyone has a different technique , love that.
And as always i love the look you created. Have to try this one out :-D

Leira Yann said...

LOVE!!! So beautiful and what a great tutorial. ^^

Emi at Project Swatch said...

gorgeous look, and great tutorial!

Liza said...

Wow, love it!

gio said...

Wow! So gorgeous! Thanks for the tutorial.

Crissy said...

One of my favorite looks! I'm going to try this one out.

dslrbbt said...

Oh man! This is soooooo great!!

Cessa said...

WOW! Just amazing - as always :)

It's funny - just before reading this post, I saw a review including a tutorial with the same palette and the result was really bad. The review said that the colours don't behave well on the eyes and that the intensity of the colour totally disappears once applied. Now that I have seen this look I can't believe it :) Thanks for sharing this great look with us!

Lady Bethezda @ Bethezdas Preoccupations said...

so beautiful. I have honestly never done a "rainbow" eye. I think I'm gonna have to follow your tutorial. :)

Kaki @ GlitterObsession said...

Wow. That's awesome. It's like a rainbow on your face. haha I love the step by step. At first I thought it was a trick because you talked about a bright look and then the first pic was a nude eye, I was like, what?!?

Seana said...

This is seriously wicked!! x

Seana said...

This is seriously wicked!! x

olgiepolgie said...

This is just a gorgeous look and awesome tutorial. I love the brights! And they're all mattes! So hot.

Uma Puma said...

Dang! that's awesome, Sugarpill seems so intense but people make the best looks from their colors. This is my fave, nice job!!


p.s. Thank u for the tutorial format!

Jly fd said...

Que bonito!!! voy a intentar hacerlo!
Un beso!!!!

Antonia-Ivana said...

The tutorial is awesome and one really sees the work behind it. well done!

IVANITAS

SilhouetteScreams said...

Ahhhh such a bright and happy look! ^__^ You are too talented.

socialitedreams said...

so fun and what an easy to follow tutorial :D

Gabi said...

Lovely rainbow! thank you :)

beauty-swatches said...

I have no words to describe this look! It's a best rainbow wherever I seen! I want to repeat this, necessarily :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...