Friday, 15 June 2012

My Monaco Love










When Sleek released two palettes last summer, Monaco and Curacao a lot of people, including me, went crazy. The colours were real explosive and Sleek has, as always, such great shadows to work with.
By time I read everywhere people raving about their favorite pallete being Curacao and I can understand that since it has every colour from the colour wheel.
But hand over heart, my favorite and first to grab is really the Monaco one.
Don't know why but every time I open it, it seems to welcome me by making me think of looks to create.
This was how I did this look, and the little help I got from the Curacao palette was the yellow and orange part under the lower lashline.

And the eyeliner in use is Flipside 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner from Urban Decay, and it has really grown on me.
A lot of people asked me when I got it how it was, and it's great.
First of all the colour is shifting from metal grey to petrol blue. It lasts very long, and though it's waterproof it,s easy to wash off since it simply falls off in small pieces.
So yes, this is a keeper!

Phew, let's get to products now!
Primer - Lime Crime Candy Eyed Eye Shadow Helper
Shadows - Midnight Garden, Kiwi Zest, Humming Bird & Lotus Flower from the Monaco palette & Screwdriver & Tequila Sunrise from the Curacao palette, both from Sleek Make Up. Barry M Fine Glitter Dust in Iridescent Gold.
Eyepencil - Snowflake from MUS
Eyeliner - 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Flipside by Urban Decay
Mascara - Curvy Brush Mascara by Eyeko
Eyebrows - Le Crayon Eyekohl Bronze by Lancome

20 comments:

Beauty's Bad Habit said...

Super gorgeous, as always!

Crissy said...

I love the mix of colors in this one!

Jade Carver said...

Oh wow. I've only just managed using three colours in one eye look, and here you are using five if you count the white eyeliner! Amazing.

Heather said...

This is stunning.

Make-up Compulsivo said...

Oooooh I love it, love the mix of colours!

yelaya said...

Amazing! Really an interesting combo, i love it!!! :)

Emily♥ 에밀리 ♥エミリー said...

Woooow this is so gorgeous! I love the bright pop underneath<33

Cessa said...

a really nice colourful look - I like it. I'm absolutely addicted to sleek. Recently I could get my hands on the graphite,bohemian,jewels,safari,circus and curious palette. :)

now I have to get the 2 new matte ones and the new limited edition ode to have all :)

Concerning blushes I just need the Sahara one and the new one which is coming out in the new collection - then I will also have all of them - I think you cann call me s Sleekoholic ;)

BostonPrincess said...

This definitely reminds me of my time in Curacao (sp?) I went there awhile ago with my family and as soon as I saw this on my blog feed I immediately thought of being there again! Amazing look.

Boston Princess

Rach said...

So pretty and inspiring :D

Luna said...

Oh yes , definitely an awesome look ! Monaco and Curaçao are such great palettes with an explosion of happy colors :D

Antonia-Ivana said...

crazy colors! I really like this look. Do you wear such make-ups in your daily life?

IVANITAS

Iridescent Colors said...

Very colorful- very bright- very well blended- love love love!

TamaraS said...

this is so fun look for the summer love it!!!

shalely said...

this look screams SUMMER! ;-) i love Monaco too. <3

sugarbumpkin said...

Beautifullll!

leather+glitter said...

love these colours!!they look very beautifull on you!!:)

Star Vogue said...

Gorgeous!
http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

Darkness said...

Really colorful and lovely! ;)

Pearl Squirrel said...

This really is gorgeous! I love all the funky contrasting colors, If I ever get the curacao palette I need to try and recreate this :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...