Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Glitter Lips Tutorial!

Okey so now when the season of the sun begins, what's better than to show off with some intense glittering lips?
Well, I don't consider it wrong what so ever, so here's a tutorial for you on this subject!
Watch and learn!

Clean base to start with! I have applied a thin layer of foundation, and powdered over it to keep the lips dry and ready for next step.

Apply your favorite lipliner. This is an eye pencil, but who cares? It's pink and it's lovely! This is NYX Jumbo Pencil in Strawberry Milk. Apply it on the whole lip.

Result of that!

Next step is to have some kind of adhesive to the glitter. I place it on the back of my hand to make it easier to not totally let the brush absorbe too much fluid. This is Clearly Liquid Base from LIT Cosmetics. You can watch it here.

Dip the brush (or q-tip) in the fluid on the back of your hand and then on the lip. Take the brush in the glitter you want to use and apply it on the wet area. 

Like this. I like to work through the lips in small areas to keep the fluid from drying.

Almost there! Oh, right, the glitter in use is one I bought from Pixi, but unfortunately it has no number nor name, but pick a pink favorite of yours. Or why not a blue one, and I'll salute you!

Aren't glitter lips wonderful!
The glitter application is done!
Right, so when the glitter is applied, I want to make sure it all stays where I want it. So I'll dip the brush in the adhesive fluid and pat over the lips once again to make sure the glitter grains are fully attached to my lips. Take time to let this set and then you're done!


And then you're done! Lovely, right!

Glitter lips can feel a bit dry, but I don't mind since I love the look of glitter. But there's a plan B and Phlox shows it here


Glittering, and lovely!


Great for summer isn't it!
So let me know if you try this okay!?

Enjoy!
Azure

21 comments:

leather+glitter said...

really nice!!maybe not so confortable but sexy!!;)

gio said...

So pretty and sparkly, love it!

Robyn said...

Great tip about putting the adhesive over the glitter! I'm very tempted to place a big LIT order! And I love the look of Strawberry Milk just on its own on the lips.

Lady Bethezda @ Bethezdas Preoccupations said...

so pretty!

Maxi A. said...

Gorgeous:) I'm looking for some ideas for a photoshoot:) I will try my red chunky glitter:)

Jly fd said...

Preciosos!!!! Muy muy bonitos!!!

Janine said...

such a sexy look! Just not bf proof! lol
Janine

Gosia said...

beautifull effec.....good job !!!

K. said...

I've never thought of using a Jumbo Pencil on the lips! Very creative xoxo

Iridescent Colors said...

This looks so pretty with the glitter. I'm so afraid of trying it on my lips! lol

Christina said...

Such a beautiful look! I love glitter lips too, but the models always feel uncomfortable with it.

Rads said...

That's such a pretty look..don't know if I would ever the patience to try this out..but looks amazing :)

SilhouetteScreams said...

Ugh this is ridiculously pretty. Not sure I'd be able to handle the feeling of glitter on my lips, but it looks so damn good!

Desert Rose said...

Love sparkly lips, was caught especially by the last pic (you know how much I love sparkles on blurry pics, lol!)

Maryam Maquillage said...

thoroughly enjoyed this!! thanks for the smooch :)))

Antonia-Ivana said...

so great! Thank you a lot for the tutorial. I just don't know when to wear such glittery lips.

IVANITAS

Emily♥ 에밀리 ♥エミリー said...

Great tutorial, and they turned out so pretty! I really must try glitter lips sometime.. I'll remember these tips when I do ;D

ArtLook4U said...

very cute and adorable :)

shortylegsbeauty said...

I love it :)
So sparkly and cute :)

Kaki @ GlitterObsession said...

Awesome tutorial! I've never done glitter lips because I can't figure out how to get it to set. That liquid seems like my missing link. And I never thought to use a NYX pencil on my lips. You're so smart!

Banannie said...

wow! this is a great idea! i don't think i've seen anything like this before! so fun and sparkly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...