Thursday, 26 April 2012

Lip Care Routine

A few years back I was literally addicted to Vaseline! Every fifth minute I had to smear some Vaseline on and I had a jar of it in my purse, one in my jacket and one in my bedroom just to make sure my lips wouldn't get dry!
It was just crazy but still it felt like my lips were incredible dry, like they never got any moisture at all. This went on until I actually realized what was in that tin jar; Petroleum Jelly or Mineral Oil! This substance do anything but moisturizes the lips, it actually removes the moisture from the skin leaving the lips drier than before! So I decided to stop using it, even though I was absolutely terrified that my lips would get all chapped and painful. 
To my relief they didn't, instead I didn't need to moisturize them every fifth minute and I just settled with doing it in the morning and before bedtime and sometimes at noon. But that was it! These days I very rarely get chapped lips and they never feel dry, like they did before.
I must admit that I'm a bit torn with this whole mineral oil debate, I haven't really decided where I stand and I do use make up products that contain mineral oils, but I figure that if I use it on top of vegetable oils it wouldn't do any harm to my skin. Enough talk about that, here's my lip care routine! 


Lip scrub from Lush called Pow Wow, Ultrabalm also from Lush and Chapstick from Fresh and Wild (I got mine at Whole Foods). I use the Ultrabalm in the mornings and before bedtime, and if I need to do a touch up during the day I use the chapstick, which is petroleum free!

I try to scrub my lips twice a week just to get ride of access skin so they appear to be smoother. The Pow Wow form Lush is pretty interesting because it kind of pops! One can even hear it! So cool!



 The result: smooth, luscious and chapped free lips!

Got any great lip care tricks?

Enjoy!
Phlox

14 comments:

Kaki @ GlitterObsession said...

I'm totally addicted to lip balm, I have them stashed everywhere. I use lipgloss in the morning before work, and then it's chapstick/lipbalm the rest of the day. I actually will use my toothbrush and GENTLY go over my lips a few days a week to exfoliate (it can hurt if you press much at all) and when I do my makeup in the mornings, when I put on my primer I slather on some Carmex (my love) and again at night before bed.

Leira Yann said...

I'm a girl that could not live without my lip balm and lip scrub. I'm using different lip balms that I bought from iherb. :)

indie said...

Wow! So if I ever needed any inspiration to get me into a good lipcare routine, it's the after picture. :D

Iridescent Colors said...

I have a serious problem with my dried up lips. Drinking water, wearing Chapstick, etc never works. My lips feel like they hate me at times. Lol- I have always wanted a lip scrub- this sounds awesome!

Nora said...

I do not know this product, I am against "bubblegum" which is really good3
<3

Beata said...

Pow wow must be great!
Greetings from Poland! ;)

Laura O said...

I recently purchased Jack Black lip balm because I've heard such great things about it and my lips were in really bad shape. Not anymore! It is great and I recommend it to everyone. I also use a sugar lip scrub from Lush that is really awesome... you lick it off your lips when your done scrubbing! :P

ArtLook4U said...

Oh, I wish my lips look like that ;)

Need to try that Lush scrub and balm, because I intend to have quite dry lips all round year...

Rebekah Wing. said...

wow, your lips look just perfect *_*
i'm of the same opinion with the vaseline. i used it before as well and it didn't moisturize -.- terrible!
but I really have to try the scrub :) seems like a great product!
in btw I think your blog is amazing and I started to follow you, dear! feel free to check out mine as well, if you like :))

xoxo

http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

udvouverunek said...

How beautiful lips you have!
I'm not that much into lip care, just think I don't need it. But one thing I need to have always by my side: "the miracle cup", a balm by swedish brand Oriflame, with extracts from herbs. Nothing ever helped me to heal my lip herpeses better, faster and more gently like this one. Moreover, it's great for every little wounds on hands (like hangnails...) or even for spots in the face. I recommend it to everyone for 100 %!

Gina said...

Great info on keeping our lips soft and moisturized! I will have to buy this stuff. New follower, please follow back, Thanks!!

http://beautyloveandlipgloss.blogspot.com/

Antonia-Ivana said...

I also recognized how mineral oil leaves your lips dry.. so bad! Thanks for telling us about the lip scrub, I might buy it too.

www.antoniaivana.blogspot.com

Luna said...

I'm a lipbalm freak :D , but never tried any from Lush ... i was planning to order some from them .

Anonymous said...

I think this is among the most important information for me.
And i'm glad reading your article. But want to remark on few general things, The web site style is ideal, the articles is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers
Feel free to surf my blog - Mineral oil

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...