Saturday, 18 February 2012

Burgundy Eyes



This look is quite easy to do and best of all, it's quick! For this I've only used three eyeshadows but one can get away with just using two. First I started to prime my lids with two different pencils, one very light under the brow and then a very strong coloured one on my lid and at the lower lash line. The second pencil is in fact a lip pencil, but as you all know I like living on the edge when it comes to make up!
So the primer is what actually gives this look it's colour! When blending out the "darker" primer together with the lighter creates a totally different colour, and voila a bonus one! In my case when I've blended the two pencils together and then adding white eyeshadow on top of them, created this gorgeous pink hue! I also wanted to keep that shine from Cottage cheese so I had to restrain myself from overdosing the white eyeshadow!
Try it out, it's very simple!

The list:
Primer - NYX JEP in Cottage Cheese & NYX JLP in Burgundy
Shadows - Inglot Eye Shadow AMC 74, Sugarpill Eyeshadow in Tako, Mad Minerals Multi Use Mineral Colors in Alyssa
Eye pencil & Eyeliner - NYX Slim Eye Pencil in Carchoal 
Mascara - Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes Mascara
Eyebrow - Illamasqua Fine Pencil in Eerie

Enjoy!
Phlox

11 comments:

Luna said...

Quick but gorgeous ! Reminds me of red fruits ,yummie !!! :D

laura said...

burgundy is gorgeous on green eye !

Clarey's Designz said...

This is one of my faves to hit my inbox, love it!

The Peach said...

This does sound pretty easy, but I'm sure I'd screw it up! Love how it turned out! The colors are so pretty!

Charlotte Sparkle said...

Lovely eye makeup, I always love the colours you both use. It always brightens my day stopping by your blog, thanks.

Pearl Squirrel said...

Pretty! I never thought of lipliner before..Have you tried lipstick as a base on your lid too? Otherwise I'll try it myself, because I don't have many nice lip pencils :)

Geena said...

Love it!! Those colors are awesome!

olgiepolgie said...

Awesome! Thanks for the great tip. I'll definitely have to try this trick of using different bases.

Antonia-Ivana said...

I really like the pink you've created!!

www.antoniaivana.blogspot.com

Lissa said...

you take such beautiful photos! I love looking through them all!

Anonymous said...

I love this blog and everything about it. I have been reading it for awhile but have yet to say hello. well...Hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...