Wednesday, 4 January 2012

One shadow tutorial!

I know we use a lot different eyeshadows in our looks, and I can understand it feels kind of annoying to create a similar look, if you don't got all the products simply because they are so freaking many!
Therefor I created this tutorial in which I've only used one eyeshadow; Loose Eyeshadow Lumi from SugarPill!
And before we begin, I can suggest other pigments to use if you don't have this one!
I suggest you work with pigments that are light (you'll soon know why!) but it's so much more fun if they hue in another colour.
So here's some other pigments you can use:
Mad Minerals Whisper Collection
Illamasquas Pure Pigment in Static
Barry M Fine Glitter Dust in Iridescent Gold
Shiro Cosmetics Likelike or Puzzle Cube 

Hope you understand where I was going!
Now! Continue to the tutorial! Click the pics if you want them bigger!


Do your regular complexion, and I don't normally do my brow, but for some reason I did it today! This is my regular brow pencil Le Crayon Eyekohl in Bronze by Lancome.

I started with applying a dark base to give the eye the shape I want. This is a cream shadow in black: Cream Eyeshadow in Grace by Illamasqua. This will also work as a primer. I used a fluffy blender brush but a synthetic one to work out the cream product. If you don't own a dark coloured cream eye shadow, a black eyepencil will work just fine, but you'll have to blend it a bit more

I blend slightly up to the beginning of the brow, and upwards from the corner of the eye. This looks uneven, but I'm not done yet!

See how the eye is shaped, the crease is a bit darker, and makes the eye look not so flat anymore

I've enhanced the black by adding another layer of the black cream eyeshadow, focusing from the crease down to the lashline

Take an angled synthetic brush and place some Grace under the bottom lashes. This frames the eye a bit more and if you want a light look, skip this

Colour your waterline. I choose black, the S.O.P.H.I.E Pencil from Illamasqua, but you can go white if you want to have a lighter look

Now it's time to put on the shadow. I have used Lumi from SugarPill, which is white in the base (so it's good as a highlight shadow as well) and hues to a cooler green.
Use a tapered fluffy brush and start in the crease

Focus the shadow from the crease and down, that way you'll getting more depth, and sweep the brush over the brow bone carefully to highlight the eye 

Place some shadow under the bottom lashes. This way you get colour round the whole eye, but this also makes the cream eyeshadow stay in place.

Blend it slightly to the tear duct

Create an eyeliner, using either an eyepencil or an eyeliner. Create an up going line, or the way you're use to shape it! I used my black eyepencil again S.O.P.H.I.E Pencil from Illamasqua

Time for some action! Or mascara if you'd like! This is The Masquara from Illamasqua in Raven. I painted both upper and bottom lashes

And this is the result! Not so hard! And just by using one single pigment! Tadaa!

Different angle...

...looking down...

...and up again. Photo explosion haha!

Hope you found this useful! And let me know if anything I did seemed kind of blurry or strange!

Sum up of the products:
Primer - Illamasqua Cream Eye Shadow in Grace 
Shadows - SugarPill Loose Eyeshadow in Lumi
Eyepencil - S.O.P.H.I.E Pencil by Illamasqua
Eyeliner - S.O.P.H.I.E Pencil from Illamasqua
Mascara - The Masquara in Raven by Illamasqua
Eyebrow - Le Crayon Eyekohl Bronze by Lancome

Over and out!
Azure

4 comments:

Powdered Almond said...

A great tutorial, I like how you make it seem so simple. Pretty pigment, too, but I am allover that mascara, it looks like a real good 'un. I still haven't tried ANY Illamasqua, and that is very naughty, I need to and I see you use it a lot! :-) xx

Robyn said...

Gorgeous tutorial! And it was all photographed beautifully and clearly! I love wearing Lumi over a dark base, I think I might have to do it tomorrow now ;)

Leira Yann said...

Great tutorial. Lumi is such a gorgeous color.

olgiepolgie said...

My love of Lumi has grown even more now. What a great idea to just use one colour! Thanks for the awesome tutorial. This is a good one to try.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...