Friday, 20 January 2012

New Yolk City by Lime Crime




Ok, call me crazy but there's just something about yellow lips that I really fancy. I just love how bold it looks and this yellow is pretty bright.
I know there's been a lot of fuzz going on around Lime Crime but I still felt the urge to try one of them out. So I got this on my birthday from sweet Azure, which was actually last November so yes shame on me for not showing it until now. The lipstick it selves feels very oily and really need a lip pencil underneath it to bring out the best of the colour. I haven't really decided if that oily feeling is good or bad so I just have to get back to you on that one. When it comes to the package it's a little to overwhelming for me. I like clean and stylish packagings like the ones from Illamasqua. So Lime Crimes unicorn packaging is not getting extra credits from me, feels a little too barbie doll for me!








So when will I wear this? Probably when I go shopping in London or perhaps during the summer together with a nice tan. One really bad thing when one wears yellow on the lips is that the colour tend to make the teeth look grey. People in general are really sensitive when it comes to daring make up looks and I just think a lot of them got too much time on their hands since they like to spread all that negative energy they got in them all around!

What do you think? Is it a keeper?
Phlox

14 comments:

Rach said...

I actually like it! I never thought I would and I like bright lipstick however im just building myself up to trying blue/pure gold etc.

Like you say it's not us that has the negative attitude about it but people can be real haters when you where something unusual which is a shame in this day and age!

Robyn said...

I love pastel colours like this, I wish I had the balls to wear them out with a really really black or purple smokey eye. Maybe to a nightclub.

Girl Anachronism said...

I actually like it. And I like the idea with the smokey eyes and the nightclub ^^

The packaging is insane! A holographic unicorn? That's so bad taste, that I love it! :-D

Georgia Lillian said...

WOW! I love it!! I may have to get it... slightly addicted to Lime Crime and as much as I want the blue and the green I'm too much of a wimp to purchase them!

You could use this colour and mix it with a red or dark pink to make some gorgeous orange tones too!

I use my purple with pink and it creates such gorgeous colours! xxx

Gray said...

WOW! Fantastic! :D:D

QueenMiSeRy said...

OMG! never thought it could exist something like that!
A yellow lipstick. I must get used to see such a thing... It's so strange!
I like it, but since I'm a dark colours lover I don't think I would be able to wear it. Anyway, I usually love to go out with electric blue lips, so when you'll go to London, I would be glad to catch you up with my blue lips LOL!!!!
Miss my Camden Town so much.... <3

Antonia-Ivana said...

I love such crazy and wicked stuff. The lipstick is awesome.

www.antoniaivana.blogspot.com

Kassie said...

Defiantly a keeper and if you don't want it, I will take it!

So gorgeous! I love crazy colors like this!

KittenMittens said...

I'm not fond of Lime Crime but that is such a happy lookin yellow! Maybe I can mix my lip tars up and see if I can do something close. On me it would look like crap though lol

olgiepolgie said...

Wow! I love that you have the balls to wear yellow lipstick. Your teeth don't look grey, for the record.

Sana said...

Definitely a keeper!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

LOVE IT!!!!

Lutrinaƫ said...

I like the color! How's the texture? I read some bad reviews about it but I wanted to try this one so much, together with the pale purple one!

shortylegsbeauty said...

I really love this :) Definitely a keeper ;)
Over here where I live (Vaasa, Finland) people are shocked when you wear really dark red lips.. I have a favorite lipstick that is a dark red/dark plum shade and whenever I wear it people look at me like Im crazy ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...