Saturday, 7 January 2012

Medusa Cosmetics Review & Swatches

We came across a new make up brand a while a go called Medusa Cosmetics. The thing that caught our eyes were the vivid neon colours, so we decided to try some of them out, which turned out to be a fantastic idea since they're very affordable and highly pigmented. Whenever I, Phlox, try out a new make up brand I always try to make sure it's cruelty free and PETA Certified and I'm also a bit of a ingredients nerd as I want to know what I'm putting on my face! Medusa Cosmetics provide really nice ingredient list of all their products which I think is great.  

Let's take a look at the jewels!

First out is four shadows from the Electro Eye Shadow Collection. These ones got a really pigmented formula and they are a joy to work with. They only negative with these are the packaging. The jar they're sitting in feels very fragile and not really high quality but on the other hand they only cost $8.00!  

Electro Magenta, Electro Kiwi, Electro Black, Electro Turquoise
2 grams net weight

Ingredients: Talc,Laureth-4, Sorbitan, sesquiolests, Lanolin oil, Isopropyl Palmitrate, Calcium Silicate, Sodium Dehyroacetats, Trisodium EDTA, Tocopharyl Acatate, Methylparaben,Propylparaben, Ethylparaben. [+/-(may contain):Calcium Sodium Borosilicata, Mica, Titanim Oxide, Iron Oxides.


Next one out is just a fabulous primer which at least I've (Phlox) been searching for quite a while. It's a really sticky primer but completely transparent, so no colour or shimmer in it! When applied on the eyelid it appear to be a bit glossy but easily get matte if one puts a matte eyeshadow on! Perfect for all kinds of eyeshadows and when saturated properly stays on for hours...
Medusa Stick It! primer
2 grams net weight

Ingredients: Castor Seed Oil, Cetyl Stearyl Alcohol, Olive Fruit Oil, Beeswax, Hydrogenated Castor Oil,
Glycine Soybean Lipds, Lauryl Laurate, Carnauba Wax, Candilla Wax, Mica, Titanium Dioxid
e.
Last out is the Eye Dust and here one can really find some interesting colours! We only got three just to try them out and they didn't disappoint us! They're very shimmery and feels a bit creamy in the texture yet dry. On top of that they're VEGAN!

Lemonade, Tiger, Comet
1,5 grams net weight

Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxide
 Here's the swatches

Upper row swatched over Stick It!
Lower row on bare skin
Over all these products are truly great and vivid. And after receiving the package  and testing the products we just want more of them! Just can't wait to try out some of their glitters and other colours of both eye dust and eyeshadows!

Enjoy!
Phlox & Azure

15 comments:

Rach said...

These are fab :) I have the purple pressed one!

Mateja - Cool Girl said...

These looks really nice.

Also I nominated you for The Versatile blogger award. You find it here http://mateja-nails.blogspot.com/2012/01/versatile-blogger-award.html

Fab Fingertips. said...

The Stick It really seems to bring the dusts out moe vibrantly I think, lovely colours too!

Leira Yann said...

Great Great review. The primer looks like it's a good primer. :)
OHH~~the international shipping is a bit high.

The Peach said...

Amazing colors! Medusa is one of those companies I've been aware of for a while, never tried, and just haven't seen too many people using. Can't wait to see some of these colors in action! They all look so pretty!

Sahily Anais said...

This is the first time I have heard of Medusa....I will have to check them out. I love the colors!

Lady Bethezda @ Bethezda's Preocupations said...

I've been wearing Medusa's Makeup for a few years now and LOVE IT.
Big Bird is the best bright yellow out there.
Thanks for the swatches.

sugarbumpkin said...

Goodness gracious these colors are INTENSE!

makeupobsessions said...

I love bright eye colors! Will have to give these a try.

olgiepolgie said...

I completely forgot I even had a Medusa eyeshadow! It's a gorgeous bright pink. I'm going to have to whip it out. I may have to give them another go and get some more colours.

SilhouetteScreams said...

:O Electro Magenta and Black are AWESOME.

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

I am a huge fan of Medusa's Makeup. I love their eye dusts and glitters!

Leah Cayzer said...

Love this review! I linked to it on my blog. Eye dusts are so awesome! :-)

Christina Jack said...

Im loving these colors. Im actually checking out the website right now so I can order me some dusts.

debrakrollmd.com said...

This is so cool

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...