Monday, 21 November 2011

Purple and Blue Smokey Eye Tutorial

I've made a smokey eye tutorial for you today! It's quite easy, and I've only used three eyeshadows!
When making smokey eyes and feeling a little insecure of how things are going to end, be patient and remember that it's easier to add shadow, than remove it. So take it slow, and apply the eyeshadow little at a time instead of too much at once!
I'll guide you through it!

Do complexions and prime the lid. I've used High Tech Lighter Platina from Make Up Store here

Apply a dark eyeshadow up to the crease, this is Barry M Dazzle Dust in number 23, a black based loose pigment that shifts in purple and with purple sparks. If you want to go easier on the smoke, leave a bigger gap to the tear duct


Take a fluffy brush to bland the edges out, up to the brow bone and out to the corner of the eye

Add a high lighter shadow, but blend it down to the dark shadow so the edge gets even more blurry. This is Barry M Dazzle Dust in number 15

Take your fluffy brush and add a tiny bit of the darker shadow to make the eye even darker. If you prefer a not too dark eye, then skip this

Time for eyepencil. Draw a not to neat line under the bottom lashes, and stop at the corner where the dark eyeshadow is. I've used a Medium Pencil from Illamasqua in Paddle

Use a synthetic brush to blend this one out in all directions; to the tear duct, a bit further down and upwards to the eyeshadow. Using a synthetic brush is for the best, since it's way much easier to clean with detergent to remove all the fat from products, and natural hair brushes can get real rundown with that cleansing method

Apply your darker eyeshadow on the pencil, but don't put it  all the way down where the blending is. I like this blue to show out

Take a lighter blue, or in this case a turquoise blue toned eyeshadow and apply it rest of the way to the tear duct. This is number 92 Dazzle Dust from Barry M

Apply some of the high light shadow around the tear duct and blend it with the other colours

Apply a dark eyepencil. If you want to have a killer smokey eye, go hard core and use a black pencil, but I like to use a blue one, in this case Metallic Sea from Make Up Store

Shape up the brow with shadow and brow gel. I like to use shadow in the brows when wearing this marked eyes, to frame it all, otherwise I go for pencil. For my brows I like Powder Eyeshadow in Wolf from Illamasqua
Time for mascara! And this is where the whole look sets, if you ask me. Everything just gets softer!

A blurry one for you so you can see the sparkle!

Eye-motion to view the look

...and another one

Wanted more sparkle, and so I put on some glitter. This is Glitter on the Go in Disco Ball from NYX, attached with Mixing Liquid.












And there you have it! A smokey eye, and if you'd like you can pimp it up with glitter 'cause nothing can go wrong with glitter!
Look at that rainbow sparkle! Yiha!

Sum up of products:
Primer - High Tech Lighter Platina from MUS
Shadows - Barry M Dazzle Dust in numbers 15, 23 & 92
Eyepencils - Medium Pencil Paddle from Illamasqua, and Metallic Sea from Make Up Store (waterline)
Mascara - Helena Rubenstein Lash Queen Mascara in Black
Eyebrow - Powder Eyeshadow Wolf from Illamasqua, and Brow Set fix Clear from MUS
Glitter - Glitter on the Go in Disco Ball attached with Mixing Liquid

Hope you'd like this!
Azure!

8 comments:

Powdered Almond said...

Perfect. *Applauds. Again.* Just so perfect for this time of year. I see this I think Xmas party. You know I'm going to spend hours before every night our this Xmas on this site painstakingly copying looks? Thank you! I'm a bit scared of Dazzle Dusts, because I always pour them right down my cheek, but I will try again! x

Leira Yann said...

I really love your tutorial. :) I never tried this kind of looks. I may try one day.

T, the Bee said...

Awesome look, as always. Thanks for the inspiring tutorial. ^_^

Cydonian said...

YUM, this is so great.

olgiepolgie said...

Awesome tutorial! I'm going to have to try this look, it's so lovely.

SilhouetteScreams said...

You make it look so simple, I'm going to have to try it out. And YUM, GLITTER :D

Charlotte Sparkle said...

Beautiful eye makeup.

D D said...

i love all the turorials (not just because i love you ;) ) ... but i'd so appreciate to see your face :*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...