Saturday, 19 November 2011

Froggy Me

So, it has been a long time ago since I did something more creative and crazy. I got a special folder on my desktop with some inspirational picture. Azure goes to video games to collect inspiration and I turn to nature! Just looking at amphibians, sea slugs and fishes awakes the creative spirit in me. They seem to match colours so nicely and combine even the weirdest combinations! 
picture from google.com
So this frog made me create this. I shaded the shadows further up but my brows are just terrible so I cut them off from the picture! 








Since the frog appears to be so lovely glossy I came up with the terrible idea to add OCC Lip Tar on top of the eyeshadow. Bad, bad idea to add something that's got a hint of mint to the eyes. Just wanted to let you guys know that... Don't try this if you got sensitive eyes. Maybe a regular gloss would have been more suitable, but one must sacrifice for the making of art (haha)






Here's what I used
Primer - NYX JEP in Black Bean, Orange & Yellow
Shadows - Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow in Buttercupcake, Flamepoint & Love+, Illamasqua's Powder Eyeshadow in Lestat
Mascara - Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes Mascara in Black
Gloss - OCC Lip Tar in Tarred and NSFW

Enjoy!
Phlox

12 comments:

Liza said...

Gorgeous look, I love how the line is crisp yet jaggedy, just like on the frog :)

Monica In Essence said...

The line between black and red area is wow :)

Ana said...

:O , because :O .

Stunning!
I love that the red goes beyond the brow.

moonchild said...

WOW, this is so hardcore!How long were you doing this, 2 hours? :D

KittenMittens said...

So cool!

CRYS said...

OHH WOOW I LOVED THIS:)

yelaya said...

Wow, this is really funny!!!

Makeup Zombie said...

OMG, this is so unique!

Kassie said...

I swear you never cease to amaze me! This is so perfect & unique,I would love to see a full face photo.

Saimese said...

Love how the line isn't neat just like on the animal. Adding the gloss was a great touch but good tip about not using glosses with a touch of minty-ness

Melissa said...

I have a "slight" obsession with frogs so I absolutely LOVE this look! My next tattoo is actually going to be a red eyed tree frog on my big toe. Hmm maybe that can be your next froggy look lol!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

This looks so neat with the glossy effect! I am impressed with your suffering for makeup, OCC Tars on the eye sounds like it wouldn't be very pleasant!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...