Friday, 25 November 2011

Black and Red Tutorial

I have done a tutorial for you if you want a look for a fire-mood, or just for the night!
Very well, lets start right away!

First complexion, then draw some lines with NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk...

...like this. It doesn't have to be neat at all...

Mostly because you'll blend it out like this. Use a finger or a fluffy brush

Then draw some more, but this time use NYX JEP in Rust...

...and paint it to the centre of the eye, up to the crease and blend it out

Time for the first eye shadow! Use a big fluffy brush and press on the shadow before you start blending it. This red is Love + from SugarPill

And this is how to blend it. Move up to the beginning to the brow and up just a bit over the socket

Add some yellow from the red to the tear duct. This is Buttercupcake from SugarPill

Blend it upwards to the brow, and meet the red shade to blend them together...

...like this

More NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil, this is Yellow, and I've painted it under the lashline

Time to darken the eye with some black eyeshadow, in this case Stella Loose Eyeshadow from SugarPill, a black base with multi-coloured shimmer. Place it at the corner of the eye with a small brush to have control over such a dark shade

I've shaped it like this

And blended it up in the red, but also out to shape up the eye

Time to highlight. Normally I go for a shimmery highlight, but today I went matte, do whatever you feel like. This is a matte white, called Tako, also from SugarPill. Place it at the tear duct

And the brow bone, and blend it together with the other colours so you get the colours to fade in each other

More yellow is what I say! Place it at the upper corner of the eye and blend it with the black shade

Use the same black for the lower lashline, I changed the brush to an eyeliner brush that way I get more control and less fall out

Meet the black with purple, this is Poison Plum from SugarPill. Draw it no further than half of the eye...

...because that's where you'll place more of the yellow shade which still is Buttercupcake from SugarPill. Fade it between the purple and the white...

...and take it along the way to the corner of the eye

Black eyepencil on the waterline to frame the eye. This is the S.O.P.H.I.E Pencil from Illamasqua

And this is my eye after darkening the waterline. Notice that I've also painted the upper waterline

Of course! Glitter is next. This is a purple glitter eyeliner from Collection 2000 called Shake It Up!

Followed up with Barry M Glitter Eyeliner in Black, making a wing

This is how it looks, and I've also done my brows

Time for mascara. This is Max Lashes Black from Make Up Store

And the result of two coats!

Notice the mascara dot clumsy me did near the brow, and this is how you remove it without spoiling the look. Wait a couple of minutes so the mascara dries...

...then take the brush you used for the shade where the dot is and show off the dot in the opposite direction, in this case from ear to nose if that makes any sense

And it's gone!

Pics of the result!

And a blurry one to catch the glitter



Hope you found it useful! It's easy to understand why we have a crush on SugarPill huh!?

Sum up of products:
Primer - NYX JEPs in Milk, Rust and Yellow
Shadows - Buttercupcake, Love+, Poison Plum, Tako and Stella from SugarPill
Eyepencil - S.O.P.H.I.E Pencil from Illamasqua
Eyeliner - Collection 2000 Shake it up! & Barry M Glitter Eyeliner in Black
Mascara - Max Lashes Black from MUS
Brows - Le Crayon Eyekohl from Lancome in Bronze

Enjoy!
Azure

12 comments:

Robyn said...

This is SO gorgeous. I need this damn palette!

Saimese said...

Beautiful look as always! I love how the yellow blends with the red and purple & looks orange.. very pretty. & that glitter liner is so dark.. wow

artlook4u said...

oh! I love it! colors blend amazingly. need to try it out ;)

Neffisa83 said...

I like it. Lovely colours!

Desert Rose said...

So fierce!! ;)

Charlotte Sparkle said...

Great tutorial, lovely eye makeup.

Alicia said...

Another awesome tutorial, yay! ^^ I have an NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil, but I've only ever used it on my waterline. I see how it can be put to better use now. :) Also, that eye look is beyond gorgeous. It's so bright and firey and AWESOME.

olgiepolgie said...

Stunning. Love your tutorials. I will definitely have to use some red!

Liza said...

So beautiful, nice tutorial :)

T, the Bee said...

Thanks for the tutorial! This is a beautiful, fierce look. And, yes, I can see why you love SugarPill... talk about pigmentation! ^_^

Leira Yann said...

Gorgeous. :) great tutorial.

sugarbumpkin said...

ahhhhh!!!! i loooveee this! I will recreate this look for sure. thank you for the tutorial!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...